Monday, July 27, 2009

The Fine Art of Jewelry Making

And by fine art, I mean chenille stems and jewels (also known as pipe cleaners and plastic beads).
Charis and I were talking about having a giving heart and being kind to others. So we decided to make bracelets for a few people. Brian and our 9 year old neighbor named Joey were on the list, but I wasn't sure how either would feel with a bracelet. Brian might feel conflicted to wear man jewelry all day as not to hurt her feelings and Joey...well, he'd probably just be confused.
This is also a great activity to practice motor skills. Threading is tough work for a 2 year old! We took our craft outside to enjoy the nice weather (and to avoid microscopic beads rolling into every nook and cranny in the house). I debated on whether or not to drag everything outside, but Major gobbling up every bead that rolled his way like they were little mini doggy treats and me, awkwardly chasing 1000 self-propelled jewels across the kitchen floor (over and over and over) helped solidify my decision.

Eventually she just had fun dumping beads. :)


She's proud of her bracelets!



The finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment