Monday, July 27, 2009

S'mores!

I've been waiting for an ultra-hot summer day that is also cloud free, but unfortunately those days have been few and far between. It's the only time so far this year I've wished for temperatures in the upper 90's. See, I have this super fun activity to do with Charis---s'mores that bake in the sun!! Get yourself a pizza box, aluminum foil, s'mores ingredients, and you are ready to go!
Unfortunately, the sun, weather, Brian's schedule, and my patience have not been cooperating. So....we decided to make them in the oven. If you haven't done it before, here's how it goes:
Step 1: Gather supplies and lay out your s'mores on the baking sheet. Oven should be set around 375 degrees.Step 2: While assembling, taste the ingredients for freshness and taste.
Step 3: If you are Charis, you taste again by gracefully shoving a marshmallow in your mouth with one finger. Step 4: Bake for 4-6 minutes.
Step 5: If you are trying to avoid the squishy, chocolaty mess (it will squirt out the sides) from getting on your furniture, I suggest consuming them at the table. But, if you are looking for fun and a little danger, try spreading out a few towels on the couch or floor. That's what we did. I know, I'm wild and crazy like that. ;)

Step 6: Happily devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment