Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fun (and tears) in the Sun!

There are so many great things about having my parents live close. The kids love them, I really enjoy seeing and talking to my mom, it's cozy and inviting, they always seem glad to see us. I could go on and on. I've never really been crazy about the pool, so it hasn't been on my list of highlights. I need a hot day with an even hotter pool. I'm talking 90+ degrees. You know, a gigantic hot tub. Everyone insists that the pool is there to refresh you. My opinion? It's hard to feel refreshed when you are shivering and have to do a tip-toe dance just to get used to the water. You know the dance. You hop in, arms pulled up near your chest, fists balled, up on your tippy toes, stomach sucked in, a poor attempt to keep the cool water from touching your bare stomach. And don't forget the agonized facial expression. Yes, that sounds like fun to me.

Charis and Brian do not share my opinion.

Charis wanted to jump off the diving board first...

She was very excited to jump into Brian's arms. I think she did this about 100 times.Then it was Atalie's turn! Her first time in the pool.I think she shares my opinion.This was long after she'd dried off and warmed up. Still upset that we had subjected her to that type of torture.I feel your pain, girly. From now on Atalie and I will be spectators instead of participants. And I just found my new excuse for not getting in.

"I would, but someone has to stay with Atalie."


No comments:

Post a Comment