Friday, July 3, 2009

Painting the sidewalk (They can't all be creative titles)

One thing I know for certain about Charis. Paint + mess + sun = fun. When I found a recipe for sidewalk paint, I knew we had to try it. So we chose our colors, mixed it up, and headed outside.



We painted a road for driving toy cars.




She's focused on her creation.


She painted almost the entire sidewalk.


We even left a message for Brian on the sidewalk, at her request.


Sidewalk painting was definitely a success. I got a few of the $1 brushes, a mini paint roller, and some foam brushes, as well as some cornstarch and food coloring. When we finished painting, we dumped the remaining paint on the sidewalk and splashed in it barefoot. The best part? Besides hearing gleeful shouts and giggling coming from my sweet little girl? It cleans up with water. Just water. Thank you, sidewalk paint recipe person, whoever you are.


Sidewalk paint: 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup of water, few drops of food coloring. Mix and paint!

3 comments:

  1. This is great!! My girls favorite thing is painting so well be doing this once we move into our house for sure. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for that tip, I will surely be doing this with Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was SO going to do a post on this very same thing this week. you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete