Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Girl Bed!









When Atalie was born, Charis was 19 months old. She was so comfortable in her crib that we hesitated to make the transition to a new bed at the same time a new sibling was coming into the picture. This week we made the move to a new "Big Girl" bed with Charis. The first week...love love love. She was asking...no, begging...to go to bed. The second week? "I yike the crib. Where can crib be?" (yike= like, just in case you weren't sure.)
And today?
As soon as I walked out of the door, this happened:
Charis: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Me: It's time for a nap. If you need something, you don't need to scream. Just say, "Mommy I need you."
Charis: Mommy, I need tumping. (something)
Me: What do you need?
Charis: (long pause) uh, chocolate chips??
Me: (about to burst from holding in laughter, yet speaking in my best fake firm voice) It's time for a nap.
I understand, though. I often need chocolate chips, too. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, too funny. I can just hear her saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need chocolate chips. Like every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! That was so cute! Sometimes don't we all need chocolate chips? :)

    ReplyDelete