Thursday, March 19, 2009

Limping Along...

Since January (maybe longer) Charis has been having an issue with her foot. She complained for a few days about it hurting, and then one morning woke up limping and dragging it slightly. So we rushed into the doctor's office. They sent us to CHKD to have x-rays done. They x-rayed her entire leg, from the hip down. They didn't find any fractures.
So they told us to keep shoes off of her for a few weeks. Then after a few weeks of no shoes, then switch to very soft shoes, like Robeez. So we did that and the limping continued off and on, but not to the extreme that it was before. Finally we got the go ahead for regular shoes, but VERY flexible shoes. So we got some nice tennis shoes (thanks Bean and PawPaw).
Unfortunately, the limping has continued off and on, so we went back to the doctor yesterday. They are sending us to a neurologist to see if there's a nerve issue somewhere in her foot that could be causing off and on discomfort for her.
So, if you think about it, we would appreciate prayer for our little one and her foot. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that!! It's painful to wonder what's wrong with your child and not be able to fix it. I have a good friend with a very similar story. At first they thought it was a staph infection, but I think they ended up deciding it was early juevenile arthritis. I sure hope you get some answers soon!! Your family will definitely be in my family's prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for her! I can totally understand! I have a nerve issue in my foot and it is crippling at times! Mine has to do with a nerve that has gotten scar tissue stuck on it causing the nerve to rub funny against things as I walk. It is horribly painful. It is called Morton's Neuroma. I was so happy to find out that my problem had a name because I felt like such a baby limping all the time!
    I guess I could have surgery for it, but a temporary fix is to have these special inserts that were molded for my feet. I wear them as much as possible. I have learned that barefoot makes it worse eventually, but pregnancy (probably due to swelling) made the problem go away!
    Anyways, I hope you get answers soon! I'll be praying for your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healing prayers for sweet Charis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will remember her in my prayers! Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers to your house sweetheart....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that! We had a similar scenario with William. It was just after he started walking and suddenly he was back to crawling. Turns out he broke his leg with a "toddler's fracture" when he was 15 months old. He was in a cast from his thigh to his toes. It was so strange seeing such a little baby walking around with a huge cast on his leg. Hope you're able to figure it out soon. You might even consider getting a second opinion or a second set of x-rays. When they did the first set with William, they didn't see anything. Our doctor referred us to the bone doctor anyway (can't remember what they're called) and she was the only one who spotted the fracture.

    ReplyDelete