Saturday, May 30, 2009

A day in the life...


Anyone that knows me knows I love routine. I try not to get too rigid, but I've found that Charis definitely focuses better, has a happier disposition, has less behavior issues, and sleeps better when we stick to our basic routine. During the day we have certain activities that happen around the same time. It's made life a lot more simple when balancing nursing and a new baby, being a good wife and friend, chores, and a busy almost-2 year old. You know, life. :)



Charis gets up each morning around 7:30. That gives me time to feed Atalie and get her situated before I get started with Charis. If she wakes before 7:30, she plays in her crib until I come and get her. We then start the day with milk and pack-n-play time. She plays with a few toys and reads some books for about an hour. If pack-n-play time is skipped in the morning, she usually asks for it later in the day. This gives me time to get myself together, drink some coffee, and get a few things done around the house. She's getting a bit big for the pack-n-play, but she seems to like it!


Later in the day we have "table time." Sometimes we do a craft, sometimes she paints or colors. Before breakfast she has a few minutes of table time. Here she was listening to Down By the Cool of the Pool, a listening center book and tape I had from my teaching days. She got a kick out of the frog's voice.





Naptime is at 1:00. She gathers her friends Bunny, and Pink, and it's off to la-la land!



Then there is always free play. Today she chose to play with her Cozy Coupe ball pit. She had so much fun.























I can't remember the last time I just sprawled out on the floor, laughing my head off like she did here.









She also has blanket play. No pics of that yet, but that's when I put a blanket on the floor and some special toys and she plays on the blanket while I'm getting something done, but still need her in sight (like cooking dinner). Sometimes I'll give her some water, beans, and other goodies to "cook" while I'm cooking. It's so nice to have an energetic toddler in your line of sight when you are in the middle of dinner, the phone is ringing, there's a new baby needing to be fed, and a family that is getting hungry. It's hilarious to see her do her "happy dance" when I pull the blanket out. It's like she knows the fun is coming! She gets to play and mommy gets to stay sane.



Momentarily.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I long for the day that Mayah enjoys all of the activities. :)
    Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth every effort put in, Rhianna.Promise! :) I know all your hard work will pay off.

    ReplyDelete