Thursday, May 28, 2009

Attie-bean








Yes...that is my underwear (AKA the "hat" Charis put on Atalie).
















Atalie is one happy little chick-a-dee. She has recently found her voice. She loves to sit in her bouncy seat; it's not uncommon to see her chatting away with the dangling sheep on the toy bar. She happy-squeaks when you swaddle her---she knows nap time (her favorite time) is coming! I've walked into her room on a number of occasions to find her awake from her nap, just smiling at the wall, crib, and anything she can find to look at.

She loves to multi-task, too. It's very normal for her to poop and eat at the same time. Which means that I get to enjoy the fruit of her labor. All over my clothes. If only I could go one day without getting pooped on! You think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. She somehow manages to get very little in her diaper and most of it, well...everywhere else. I've even had to scrub walls.

She makes all kinds of crazy faces. She sleeps double the amount that Charis did at her age, though she slept through the night later than Charis (12 weeks for Atalie, 7 for Charis). I notice, too, that she really smiles with her eyes a lot. It's almost like she's amused with what is going on around her. Though with the chaos of having me for a mom, Charis in her face saying "A-dee-dee!!!" and Major, our 100 lb. doberman pacing back and forth, who can blame her?

She turned 4 months old Sunday. Now weighing in at 16 pounds 2 oz (90%ile) and 25 inches long (75th%).

2 comments:

  1. She is precious and she speaks Teagan's language. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes the most adorable sounds in that video. It makes me remember holding Mayah and talking to her for so long when she'd talk so sweet!
    I love all the faces she makes! Ha ha! So cute!

    ReplyDelete