Friday, February 27, 2009

Proof of Life

You know those days when the day-to-day tasks seem like just too much? Yesterday that pile of laundry didn't bother me. Today when I look around I don't just see the laundry. I see the dust, the mess, the dishes in the sink, the new to-do list, oh....and that same pile of laundry. Yesterday I said "It'll get done. I'm doing the best I can do!" Today I want to scream "I can't do it!"
Funny how God reminds us of what's really important.
I woke up this morning after what seemed like a loooong night. Atalie was up every 2.5 hours to eat (growth spurt) and I'm beat. Charis has a cold. The house looks rough. Ok...and I look rough too. :)
So I whisper a quick prayer. "Help me Lord. Help me be a good mom when I don't feel like it. Help me be a good wife when I don't feel like it. And help me do more than just make it through the day." And once again, song lyrics pop into my head.

This house is a good mess,
it's the proof of life.
No way would I trade jobs
but it doesn't pay overtime.
I'll get to the laundry...
I don't know when.
I'm saying a prayer tonight because tomorrow it starts again.
Could it be that everything is sacred?
And all this time
Everything I dreamed of has been right before my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. I can completely relate! :) enjoy being a mama....I am learning this too. it goes by way too fast, right before our eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you writing and doing well! I bet it's so busy now with two! You'll have to advise me on this later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't know you had a blog. i'm adding it to my reader right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete