Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Charis
















Brian and I prayed for a long time for a baby. October 1st 2006 I found out that I was expecting. In June of 2007 our little miracle arrived.
Charis is a sweet girl. In the opinion of many, "easy." And in a lot of respects, I guess that's true. She's 20 months old now, talking more and more, in love with Mickey Mouse (Mick Mick), Minnie (NeeNee), Goofy (Doofy), Daisy (Daishy), Donald (Donee), and Pluto (aka Pooey). Every time she says their names I feel torn between the teacher in me ("I must correct her!") and the mom in me ("That is SO cute. I hope she always calls Pluto 'Pooey.')
She loves to cook and will taste ANY ingredient we put in a bowl. Raw flour? Yes. Uncooked noodles? Yes. Baking powder, cocoa, salt, pepper, chili powder? Yes! The tasting is usually met by a horrible face, a nod of the head, and the comment, "mmmmm." Then she reaches for more.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me!!?? October 1st is MY Charis's birthday.

    Girl, that's just too weird.

    As is the fact that our families both have a Raegan and a Charis. :) Oh...and a doberman. *grin*

    ReplyDelete