Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Day to Remember

On one of the pretty fall days we had this month we decided to go for a treasure hunt. Well, treasures to Charis. She loves looking for leaves, sticks, rocks, pine cones, acorns...pretty much anything she can find outside. Near our house is a patch of woods and a small (and when I say small, I mean small) hill. So we packed up our basket and stroller, bundled up, and headed off.
This is Charis's first find. A stick. She was desperately trying to break it. I loved watching her...it reminded me of how small she is. It was such a struggle to break this twig, but she really delighted in the struggle. I glanced at her a moment later, and she told me she was watching the leaves fall. Well, "I yooking at tall yeebs tall down," translated as "I'm enjoying the visual splendor of the autumn foliage as it tumbles aimlessly through the breeze." Her daddy loves leaves, forests, land, and all things wild and secluded; she reminds me so much of him sometimes.
Lost in her sweet little thoughts...
It wasn't posed, promise. She was in her own little world, soaking up every bit of fresh air before I tortured her by making her go home and eat lunch. :)
And Atalie watched her sister tumble down the "hill" and roll in the leaves. Then Charis decided to try to teach Atalie how to roll around.
I think Charis was feeding Atalie a leaf...mmm....
I think this day will be etched in my memory for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment