Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween '09



We had so much fun Saturday night. Charis was Sleeping Beauty and Atalie was a Hunny Pot from Winnie-the-Pooh. Friends joined us for pizza and then we headed out. I loved hearing Charis say, "Cheek or Cheek, please" at the houses.

Atalie was a little unsure of the whole costume thing, but took it in stride.



Notice she started the night in heels. Brian thought ahead and carried slippers in his back pocket. We could still see our house and she started limping along, claiming her feet didn't hurt. I mean, c'mon, the heels lit up when she would walk. It was almost worth the pain, I'm sure. Almost.

The girls got a little hot in their costumes. It was such a warm night! I can't remember a Halloween that we didn't freeze.









Charis was allowed to choose a treat from her basket. She chose Candy Corn (gag).

















Love this one!

















Later Wolverine came by for a visit. When Jason gave me a hint about his costume, all I got was, "I had to use a belt sander." What kind of crazy (and useless) clue is that?
Makes sense now.
All in all I think it was a lot of fun for everyone. Well, almost everyone. I don't think those trick-or-treaters liked it when they were told that we didn't have candy here. Um, hello? No front porch light on= no candy. Hasn't that always been the rule????
I still felt a little guilty, though.
But only a little. What happened to all that leftover candy last year? That's right. I ate it. I vowed to not make that mistake again and unfortunately the trick-or-treaters suffered. Sorry guys. Maybe next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment