Thursday, July 7, 2011

There's none like her...




















Rough 'n' tumble, her voice often residing at a decibel level that will cause ringing of the ears, tough, adorer of babies, full steam ahead, a mind of her own (okay, stubborn), generous beyond her years, brutally honest, and a regular comedian...

She makes me laugh hysterically, sigh deeply, pray regularly, and well, clean constantly. She will literally give you her last cookie, or even every cookie. She copies what she sees (which serves as a very humbling mirror of my own behavior) and despite that, she has demonstrated grace more times than I can count.




Just tonight, after getting a stool, reaching my drink on the countertop, spilling it everywhere and then confessing before being discovered, I had one of those mommy moments. You know, the ones when your child does something so incredibly funny while you are disciplining them and you have a hard time stifling the laughter? I actually had to hide my face and pretend to cough.




As I sternly reminded her that she is NOT allowed to get things off the counter without permission, she gave me a very serious, yet confused look. So I asked, "Are you allowed to get things off the counter without asking?" She quickly replied, "No. I asked Major."




Somehow I believe she did ask the 112 pound doberman for permission to taste my drink. I guess he said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment