Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jesus, I love you!




Oh the things your children can teach you, and how He can minister through them. Bear was told by her Sunday school teacher recently that they can tell Jesus they love him when they wake and when they go to sleep.



So a few nights ago, I hear her shouting LOUDLY "Jesus, I love you! Jeee-SUS! I. LOVE. YOU!" I peeked in at her and she said "Don't worry mommy. We are just praising Jesus." My heart stirred and I felt a lump rise in my throat. As I closed the door, fighting back tears, I heard her tell Bean, "Worship with me. You do it like this. I LOVE YOU JESUS! And you can say it loud, or quiet. He just likes it any way you say it."




I spent the next moments aching to relearn, to go back, to be child-like in my worship. Complete abandon. Free. 100% involved. No shame. No embarrassment. No holding back.




My girls taught me something that night, and He gently called to me.




I am so guilty of letting the business of life get to me. Groceries, cooking, teaching, cleaning, washing, budgeting, clipping coupons, paying bills, meeting needs for the family. They reminded me about Him, about His character, and His affection for me. He doesn't care how clean my house is (or rather, how dirty), how smart my kids are, how much money is in the bank (or lack of), or any of the things that I let bog me down daily. He wants me to worship, loud or quiet, and to spend time in his arms. To forget about the day and just let His love, conviction, change, forgiveness, and acceptance wash over me.




He just likes it, any way I say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment