Tuesday, September 29, 2009

$1 Poonkin head



I'm such a sucker for those dollar bins at Target. I needed one thing...and it wasn't the felt pumpkin toboggan I came out with. I know! "Everyone needs one of those!," you say. You should have seen all those glistening goodies staring at me as I loaded the girls up in the double cart (which, by the way, cart-maker-guys...good thinking!). Cute little buckets, Princess stickers and paraphernalia, candy corn socks, $1 boxes of M&M's...I resisted so much. But alas...


For the record, $1 for a box of M&M's is not a deal. But I do like M&M's.


I went in for shoes for Charis. I came out with a pumkin toboggan, Cinderella sheets, and yes, shoes.


Candy corn socks just weren't in the cards. I did put those in the cart, but when I got to the register there wasn't a barcode. Intervention. (And I was not getting out of line and digging through a pile of unorganized socks to find one with a barcode while 2 hungry girls get antsy. Not worth it.)


Look at all the cuteness $1 can get. Before: Cute little baby. After: Cute little baby in a cheaply made felt pumpkin hat. Totally worth the dollar. She couldn't have been happier as I squished that almost too small hat down on her head for a photo op. Charis tried so hard to get the "poonkin head" on. If only they'd had one in Charis's size too...oooh...and some candy corn socks for her, too....and they did have this $1 pumpkin t-shirt...

4 comments:

  1. YES, the $1 spot is our FAVORITE :) HAHA. made me laugh.
    Juliana has those same babylegs. Adorable! And the "poonkin head" is just too cute!
    OH and I'm jealous you have double seat carts at your Target. The Greenbrier Target needs to get the memo. You should see me pushing those HUGE carts around with the plastic kid seat thing, I feel like I am driving a semi. And the race car carts at Harris Teeter are even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that section too. Teagan recently got some Sesame St. cereal bowls & stickers, an Elmo book, and Pooh bear socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, ELMO! Those bins are evil. I have 2 of the cereal bowls, Elmo learns his colors book, and an Elmo plastic figurine that I am saving for little "happies." So far we've given him the figurine, and it has to sit at the table for every meal. Kai's even tried to feed it :) Apparently I have to go back to get Sesame St. stickers now!!

    I hope my little girl is as cute in just babylegs and a poonkin hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute story. And an even cuter little girl!

    ReplyDelete