Thursday, April 9, 2009

Breakfast with the Easter bunny and an uptight mother


Yesterday was Charis's first official Easter Egg Hunt and breakfast with the Easter Bunny. She loves people in big costumes, so I thought this would be fun for her. She had a blast. I was a wreck. :)








When we signed up, the program said it was from 9:30-11:30 and would include breakfast for the kids with the bunny and an easter egg hunt with about 500 eggs. It was a beautiful day yesterday and we were all excited.

When we got there they led us back to a room full of toys, play equipment and foam climbers. Charis's eyes lit up and she made a mad dash for them. They played for 45 minutes in there. (Did I mention the breakfast was supposed to start at 9:30? My heart rate just went up thinking about it again. I need to get a grip!)


































Finally at 10:15 they lined us up and corralled us to the gym. For breakfast? No. To do the Bunny Hop dance and the Bunny Hokey Pokey. (What? This wasn't on the program schedule!) Normally this would be a blast for me. If this had been on the schedule. (Did I mention breakfast was supposed to be at 9:30??) Charis, again, loved it. She's happily spinning to the music while there is panicked voices in my head (When is breakfast? What is going on? I hope Atalie doesn't start crying to eat right when Charis is doing the Easter Hunt. Will I miss seeing her reaction to the bunny?) I finally calmed down, but it took a little while for me to relax and enjoy these moments with Charis.

Then they played some games with a huge parachute and "eggs" (blown-up balloons).















We did a craft and then....




Breakfast with that bunny (the late bunny, I might add). She forgot her rumbling belly as soon as he appeared!




Before the bunny arrived. Charis and her grandma "Bean." (Long story)










Mezmorized by the bunny!














Hug me, Bunny!






And lastly, the Easter Egg Hunt!



























She even wore her Easter bonnet that Bean made her!







And Atalie? I stressed for no reason (of course.) She had fun sleeping, being held by Bean and her dad, sleeping....















She's very excited about next year's Egg Hunt. Can't you tell?

2 comments:

  1. The pic of Atalie wearing the hat is hilarious! Looks like Charis had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. atalie is so funny wearing that hat. you sound like me, i hate it when things get off schedule!

    ReplyDelete